Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Down another 4.2 lbs!


WooHoo! I'm now down a total of 16 with Weight Watchers and a total of 20 since I started. I was 250 and today I weighed in at 230.2.

Today I hired a personal trainer (my friend) Kim Gowen. She goes to my church and I've known her for 3 years. She's a fitness guru and is working on getting her Personal Trainer Certification. I'm happy she'll be able to help me make the most out of my workouts.

I was thinking the other day about some of the things I'm looking forward to as I continue to lose weight. Sometimes it's the small things. Here's a short list.
1.) Clothes that will stay on a regular hanger! The plus size shirts fall off the hangers.
2.) Being able to buy clothes in a regular store.
3.) Sitting more comfortably in any and all seats.

I was not an overweight child. I have some pictures from when I was little where I look like my parents didn't feed me. I didn't gain weight till after I got out of collage. When I got an apartment with a friend it was just easier to eat out. Growing up eating out was a big treat since we so rarely did it. I want to instill that in Tommy. I'd gotten into the habit of stopping at Mc D's or Taco Bell whenever Eric was out of town (which at times is often). We've stopped eating out except once a week. I'm cooking so much more at home and enjoying it. I want to make eating out a treat.....not a way of life.

I found(thanks Michelle) an awesome website and book. http://www.hungry-girl.com/ Her new book is 200 under 200. It's 200 recipes under 200 calories. She even has the WW points to go along with her recipes. Today for lunch I had an awesome buffalo chicken wrap! Sooo yummy!!

Thank you everyone for all your kind words and support!

3 comments:

  1. Clare,

    First, I want to tell you how very PROUD of you I am!!! Way to go, and keep it up!

    Second, I want to tell you that I'm doing Weight Watchers, too! Aren't they awesome? It's working for me, as well. I reached my 5% goal in about 5 weeks, and am almost to my 10% goal.

    I know you can do it. Has it gotten easier for you yet? It took me about a month, but now it's pretty easy to keep in my points (most days). Thank God for those weekly points.

    Good job, Clare, and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you Clare!

    You are sticking to what your goal is and you are working hard to get where you want to be. It must feel so good.

    You are an insiration and I am so happy for you.

    Thank you for sharing on your blog. Reading your latest entry about the little things made tears come to my eyes, I never would have thought of any of that.

    Keep keepin on my frined!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, you WERE a scrawny kid! :-) Keep it up! I'm excited to see you at Thanksgiving or Christmas. We'll be swapping clothes again the way we used to in high school!
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete